Sunday, January 06, 2008

Maserati Gran Turismo



One of the nicer GT cars that I set my sights on. Costing roughly $410,000 with COE, it is a huge investment & it shall remain in my fantasies for now. With a 10% downpayment & taking up a 10-year loan, it would cost about $4100 / month excluding petrol, parking charges, ERP charges, traffic offence summons, insurance & road tax.

Assuming parking costs $90 / month for multi-story carparks (normally people who can afford such cards do not stay in HBD areas though) as well as around $50 for occassions where you use parking coupons or park in shopping centers, that adds up to around $140 / month just for parking.

ERP charges can go up to $50 depending on where you go & what time, but let us take an average & also considering how our government erect these gantries on a whim, I mean, after deliberated studies & valuable feedback from traffic indicators & the general public.

As it is a 4.2 litre V8 engine, it is really thirsty. With petrol frequently crossing the $2/litre mark, I guess petrol cost should cost anywhere from $500 onwards. If you have a lead foot, probably around $800 onwards. I am not really a speed demon, so I'll take my estimate as $600 as I like to drive to wherewver I go.


I'm 28 this year & it being a supercar with only 2 doors, insurance should be around $3500 / year? I'm only guessing because I never did any research on this.

Road tax for a car with this engine capacity should be around $5000 / year? For the 2-litre car, it is around $1400 / year but it jumps exponentially as you cross the 3 litre mark.

So what is the total cost of maintaining this beauty? Probably around $$6000 / month. I do not even earn $6000 / month. So I guess it is out of reach until I take home around $8000 / month. Which is ridiculous because I spend more on the car than pampering myself. Hahaha.

The high cost of car ownership in S'pore. Sigh.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: