Sunday, January 20, 2008

Return to Kallang McDonald's

Finally could find some time to bring out the Mac PowerBook for a little outdoor exercise. Drove to Kallang Mac (kmac, for short) vie the KPE but realised no matter which exit I took (ECP City or ECP Changi Aiport), I am unable to get to the Fort Road exit without having to make a detour of some sort. Looks like I have to stick to the ECP if I am coming here from Tampines. Nevertheless, I reach here in good time as traffic was relatively light & without event.

Lots of good memories where made here. From preparing for my examinations in the final semester to meeting a long lost friend I knew since junior college days. How time flies. It has been over a year since I have graduate but yet I do not see myself as having a significant change in myself. Nevertheless, when things have hit rock bottom, there is only one way to go. Up.

Many people here at this dinner hour. Many people also eyeing the electrical power sockets which are oh-so-important to juicing up my lappy. Didn't manage to get a prime area seat but have to settle for the fringes for now, constantly eyeing the area to see if there is any seats being vacated so I can swoop in & claim my terrority. Not much juice left. Stewpig me bought a 17 inch model when I should have just bough the smallest model with the longest battery life. Now that the MacBook Air has been launched with a reported life of 5 hours of wireless productivity (which I assume as meaning the notebook can be used surfing the net for 5 hours), it means more time on the move than being connected by an umbilical cord to the wall.

At around $3000 for the basic model & $5000++ for the model with the faster processor & a Solid State Drive, it is a hefty price to pay for exceptional form & factor.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: