Sunday, May 13, 2007

Parallels Desktop for Mac



One of my latest cravings & it is not for food or something that runs on petrol & has four tires. Basically it is something made up of millions of billions (okie, maybe this is stretching it too far) of 1s & 0s. That is right, it is a software for having two Operating Systems (namely OS X & Windows XP / Vista) on the same computer. It is called Parallels Desktop for Mac & it shows windows or applications from both OS on the same screen without having to reboot to swtich between the two systems. Pretty cool in my opinion but there are some limitations to this software at this moment. I do hope they iron out the bugs & make it as seamless as possible both in user interface & graphics interface.

Wonder how much the software costs as I could not find it on the official apple website. Anyway I believe this is how the packaging looks like, so if anybody has seen it, please drop me an sms or a comment or whatever to let me know so I can sort out the finances. The next step would be for them (the nice software people working on parallels) to fully support Windows Vista or else it would make little monetary sense or otherwise to fork out good money for outdated original software. It had better be worth the price to get original software or else I will be the relentless advocate of pirated software no matter what the cost.

Here is a great article for you to find out more about this amazing application.

Check out the above video for the visually inclined.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: