Sunday, February 19, 2006

The day the mighty Red Devils fell & taste the wrath of my Finance Minister

Today is a very sad day for all Manchester United fans as an 85 year old tradition has been broken & history has ben rewritten. Man Utd lost to Liverpool in a fiercely contested FA Cup 5th round match held in Anfield, home of the Reds.

As usual, I went down to the Correlian to catch the match with Richard (Liverpool fan), Michelle (Chelsea fan, but still trying very very hard to bring her over from The Dark Side), Rick (Man Utd fan) & me (Man Utd fan).

As I was walking to the pub after I parked the cheap korean taxi, I heard a thunderous roar coming from the opposite side of the street. It was an open air area where there were many big televisions showing soccer matches & shared by a few pubs & restaurants. I prayed it would be Man Utd fans shouting "Goal!!!" but alas, fate was not kind to me that night. Peter Crouch has scored a header against the Red Devils.

Such an irony. In today's The New Paper, 2 nos pages was dedicated to saying how horrible a striker Crouch was & that his headers are so weak, his only asset was his height. Seems like Crouch read today's New Paper, & decided that he would not take such abuse from the media, & silenced them in the best way a professional soccer player could. He not only scored, but also used his head.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=194733&cc=4716

Halfway through the game, the Finance Minister was going through my budget & decided that the deficit was too huge to be tolerated & pulled the plug on the mindless spending that I incurred. I was to surrender all means of credit by the end of the day, or risk further action, said the sms. Sigh. Double sigh.

Time to lead a frugal livestyle until I am financially independent or until I win toto or 10 big 120 small in the weekly 4D draws. I will use the money to repay the credit company, & to save some portion in extremely extremely super duperly freaking low yield savings account or fixed deposits, & to invest in some high risk options like shares & stuff. Must increase financial knowledge asap!!! (the last line doesn't sound right...)

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: