Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine's day 2006

It's that time of the year again, where guys are obliged to buy grossly overpriced roses, amongst other flowers like lilies & sunflowers, & teddy bears & stuff to present to their special someone, who will parade with great pride & a hint of comtempt their "symbols of affection" as they spend the day in each other's company, as if mocking the single folks & reminding them of their "inferior" status.

I did not get Michelle flowers (anyway only 2 nos girls have received them from me, cos I'm a cheapo), nor presents. I only could give her my time on that day, which I believe is more valuable then mere mortal & worldly possessions.

Cheap Valentine's Day lunch too. We had Long John Silver's (LJS) at Level One, Far East Plaza.

As we were having lunch, Michelle had a called from the travel agency she wanted to work at, so after eating, we made our way down to Chinatown so she can have her interview.

Her mum was around in the area, so while Michelle was being interveiwed, we had some dessert at a shop inside that shopping centre which I can't recall the name of. Yummy. Check out hthe most expensive item on the menu. 15SGD!!! Per serving!!! Got bird's nest or something.

After interview, Michelle & I went down to Funan Centre to look around at stuff. So we walked all the way from Chinatown to Funan (which isn't really a long way). Saw a booth selling Jabra Bluetooth Handsfree sets. So tempting, & as usual, we looked @ PSP games. There were 2 nos shops selling games @ slightly below market prices or those sold @ Mega Multimedia, but the catch is it's either cash or NETS. Fair enough. Must go down Seow Choon to take a look some day. We didn't buy any games today but MIchelle bought a Logitech hard casing for the PSP. The PSP's black but she deicded to go with white anyway. Really solid ocnstruction. Worth the money.

Soon we got tired, so we decided to have a drink & rest at McDonald's. Too bad I did not bring out the Apple lappy, or else I could spend the time surfing the information highway instead of feeding myself more calories. McFlurry!!! I had an army friend who called it McFluffy. No idea why. Maybe he can't RRROOoolllllll his tongue to make the rrrrrrrrr sound.

Suddenly we realized it was past dinner time, & there was a little rumbling in our tummies. We walked to City Hall, & decided to have a buffet dinner. Nice place, steep prices!!! Check out the rose petals on the tables. So sweet hor? And the tealight candle floating in the coloured water. Heez.

After stuffing ourselves, we walked to the Esplanade. Along the way, we saw many "artistic creations" in display in show cases, & this particular expression caught my eye. Very thin tracing paper with drawings (no idea what they are) being "suspended" in mid-air by fishing lines. Very nice. And we caught the artish in action!!!

Turns out that Esplanade always have artistic creations all year round, & this time, it seem to be following the Valentine's Day theme. Nice prink n red curtain-like strips of cloth. We couldn't resist & started taking pictures of ourselves with the SE K750. I look fat & grouchie. As usual. Sign. What's wrong with me?

Couples corner. They were everywhere within the exhibition. Sitting there, holding hands, chatting, gazing into each other's guys, whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears, making out (I made this one up, but GET A ROOM!!!)

I've started to appreciate Valentine's day more, now that I've mellowed & sorted out my thoughts. We spent close to 200sgd on that day, but well worth every cent. Could be less if it weren't for that VD (veneral disease or Valentine's Day dinner?), but Michelle was happy. I could see it in her eyes.

After that, roomie was not around, we were tired & exhausted from all the walking around. So a drink or 2 was in order. At the end of the night, half the bottle was finished, I was tipsy but happy that I made someone else happy, with my time, my company & my presence.

Cheers.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: