Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The night my roomie and I burnt our supper

Roomie and I sent grocery shopping at NTUC (Jurong Point) & since we share a fridge, we could buy forzen food & store them in the fridge for supper. There's a mircowave oven in the pantry on our level we have got those nice aluminium trays. So he got his favourite pizza & I got my favourite chicken pie. Yummy!!!

Turns our that we were hungry that night & craving for supper after some really really intensive studying, revision and general brainstorming about how we can help mankind and ease suffering around the world (as if, right?)

I decided to go ahead with the cooking first. I was pretty sure that I had the microwave oven's power on Low when I set the timer for 10 minutes. Guess what, it was directly the opposite of Low, It was set to High! &%$#@!@#$ My moist chicken pie became very very hard chicken biscuit when i was just supposed to defrost it. So the lesson learnt is never ASSUME (ass, u & mi). Same goes for roomie. He heated his pizza a little too long, & it become pizza biscuit. Sigh. Well, we had a good laught about it, & took out our second serving & we got it right this time.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: