Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My very own lab bench

Finally, I get my own space in the lab, no more doing experiments on other people's benches, no more hunting for equipment that would suddenly grow legs & run away from me (well, that still happens in the lab unless you put up death threat notices or hide them in a locked drawer or cupboard). First time blogging from the Environment Lab too. The other students must be thinking I came here to use the internet or the power sockets because I have not done a single things since I stepped into the lab this morning. Do not be mistaken, my samples were kept in a cold cold fridge throughout the weekend, & to achieve consistent results, I need them to be at room temperature (that's around 25 degrees C, according to most of our science textbooks), therefore I need to defrost them. Oh well, those hurtful eyes pierce through my very soul but they cannot accuse me because those freaking samples take so long to defrost!!!

They spelled my name wrongly again. As usual. What wrong with these people? Why do they always have to add an A to make it Chang, or an E to make it Cheng. It's Chng, not Ch'ng, not Chang, Cheng, Chong, Chung, etc etc. Sigh. It's the surname of great people, so you all must learn how to spell it properly ah. Heez. My ego took over for a while, or maybe I'm daydreaming, while the smell of digested sludge gets to me.

Better get some work done soon, because it's a short day for me.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: