Sunday, November 05, 2006

Central @ Tampines Mall

Finally decided to see for myself what all the fuss is about. I believe there is another branch somewhere out there, in Singapore. Plaza Singapura??? Anyway this trip was not planned as me, mum & Yuri had gone to Courts to look at some furniture beforehand. The facade of the eating place. Can facade be used in this situation? Anybody knows? Okie, this is the "dian mian" or the front of the shop. Also the trademark or "zhao pia". My Hanyu Pinyin is getting rusty. Lots of seats for you to sit as they anticipate long queues & waiting times just to eat their food. Egotistic or good service? Very thin line in between there is.

The menu on display outside the eating place. The ones we had at the table were old & seems like they have been used & abused. I guess it is time for them to update the food selection on the menu as well as make new copies to give hungry people a good first impression of the place. Revise the menu but not the prices!!! Do not be like Cafe Cartel, increasing the price whenever they add or remove food items from their menu. Cafe Cartel is officially on my black list (more on that in just a bit).

My dinner. Nissin noodles with 2 fraking thin pieces of luncheon meat & an egg that is too hard-boiled. Defnitely not value for money. Taste delicious because of all the MSG (aijinomoto?) & not because the cook manages to bring out the best flavour of the freshest ingredients & blend them together into a harmonious combination. Nevertheless, I love what I ate. Will not be going back to try this, but will attempt to cook this myself, for a fraction of the cost of what I paid. Central, if you are reading this, though I doubt you willpay attention to what I say because the crowds somehow just keeps coming, I will not pay premium prices for something even my mother can make better than you!!!

Yuri's Nissin noodle with spicy chicken wing. I heard the chicken wing was the saving grace of this dish. Spicy, tasty, not bloody. I hate to see blood in my chicken. We all know that the poor chickens were murdered & frozen & shipped to faraway places like Singapore (though we are not part of China!!!), but please make sure the parts are washed, cleaned & cooked properly. We are paying for food, you have a duty to be professional.

Cunning Devil's durian fried rice!!! To be continued.




0 comments: