Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lazy evening @ Burger King (Singapore Expo)

Decided that I was working with too much distractions so I decided to stop by Singapore Expo to pass Yuri the 12Gb Seagate harddisk & get the rest of my work done here. Not feeling hungry so will have dinner later.

During days where there are no exhibitions, this place is like a ghost town. After 1700hrs, per entry into the carpark is an affordable SGD$2.10 but yet I counted less than 10 cars & a few lorries & motocycles. I wonder how the revenue from the peak periods, i.e. exhibition days will cover the overheads over the entire financial year. Seems like the businesses here are running at a loss for most of the year. Not to mention that there is another exhibitions venue available at a more central location, i.e. Suntec Convention Hall.

Running a bussiness here is pretty tricky. Usually they would cut losses by shortening the operating hours during non-peak periods, but I doubt that the management of Singapore Expo will lower the rental here according to the crowd. Most of the F&B outlets here are not opened at this moment with the exception of Burger King. I guess it is never easy to run a franchise here, let alone a business that is not tied to a bigger company for support.

I am alone at Burger King. There are no customers!!!

Back to work.

Long live free Wireless@SG!!!

Ja neh!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god..noti junkie!!! how come u make a turn back to Expo?? thot u going kmac and end up i make u do a U turn...sigh..

Anonymous said...

ya, expo is like ghost town if no convention is held.. but its a gd place to do some work there cos no disturbance.. doesnt it feel like u booked the whole BK meh? hahahaha..shiok rite? maybe u shd come more often to work there if u want..