Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Horrors of Foundation Engineering

EC Leong made students in both is tutorial groups stay back from 1900hrs till around 2120hrs so that he can go through the remaining last 2 or 3 tutorials in time for the quiz. I really appreciate all the extra time he's willing to put in, but I nearly went mad staying in school from dawn till dusk. Heez. I'm such a lazy student. Geotechnical engineering ain't easy. The formulas are so complicated & you must remember what each term in the formula means. Sigh. Calculation is another matter. So many numbers, so many different units. So many soil layers!!! Mother Nature didn't intent to make it easy to build things on the ground. Oh well, back to furiously copying whatever EC Leong is writing on the white board. I wish I had better than perfec eyesight, X-ray vision too.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: