Thursday, May 11, 2006

Zouk, the club I will never set foot in again

Zouk, located at Jiak Kim Street, just along Kim Seng road, has been in existence for over ten years. I think I remember reading on Xiaxue's blog that she was invited to their fiffteen anniversary party, so I guess it is fifteen years old. However, a lot of things cannot be judged by age along. Zouk's name is known across Asia & internationally, but personally I do not see what's so great about the club.

It's really not fair to condemn the entire club because of a few black sheep, but that's life. Also, I believe how fun a club will be is entirely dependent on the people in it. The waiters & waitresses, bartenders, deejays and of course the patrons. Last night, CCCC asked if I wanted to go down to Zouk along with SF. I said okie, which I seriously regretted.

It was freaking packed, but which club isn't? Proximity to the next person wasn't the problem, it was how they behaved. So me & the guys were on the dance floor in phuture, movin & groovin to the beat, while my fats were jiggling to a different beat on their own, minding our own business. A group of girls (good looking ones) made their way to where we were "dancing" (inverted commas because we're just moving our legs from side to side, we can't dance!!!). They were really hot, & they really know how to raise the temperature in there with their bodies pumping to the beat. There was some rubbing of bodies, but it was all good clean fun. Suddenly we were just "pushed" aside by this group of other guys hoping to get some "action". They didn't want to get onto the dance floor, they wanted to "eat meat"!!! How "se" can you get? We ere there first & the girls were "rubbing" us!!! Oh well, it was really frustrating, so we regrouped outside & have another round of smokes & drinks. They wanted to go back in since we already paid the cover & didn't want to leave so early. So I reluctantly agreed to try one more time. The same things happened again. We dancing, girls rubbing, losers wanting to get a piece of the action. Whatever happend to just dancing withing your clique & minding your own business & good clean fun. The ah bengs in Sparks & Canto didn't do that, retro lovers didn't do that in Venom too (I missed Venom so much!!! I need a time machine!!!). It doesn't even happen in Double O where people get a lot higher on the freaking cheap alcohol. If you want some of the action, work a little charm, not muscle. Sigh. I'm pissed, really pissed. Disappointed that patrons of a world renowned club would behave in such a manner.

Maybe it was a bad night for clubbing, like when shit happens, but this is not the first bad experience I had in Zouk. The patrons think they are of a higher status compared to patrons of other clubs, the service staff were horribly stuck-up (you work in a club & you are a waiter who is supposed to wait on people, so don't act like you OWN the place).

No more Zouk, ever.

I have got money that I would gladly spend it somewhere else.

That's why I prefer to sit in a pub now & drink myself silly when I'm not driving.

Bleah!!!

0 comments: