Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dsgraced Zidane wins Golden Ball award

Personally I feel that there are more deserving players who should get the award instead of someone who lost his cool for no apparent reason. No matter what happened on the pitch, there was absolutely no reason to react the way he did, especially when he is the captain of the France team, playing in front of so many people, including a live audience around the world. He must set a good example & be a role model for the team members as well as the fans who look up to him.

Brazil's Ronaldo was under trememdous pressure n scrutiny but he let his feet to the talking, not his very round head. England's bad boy Wayne Rooney didn't go bursting other player's balls when he was red carded for his accidental stomp on I-have-forgotten-his-name's family jewels. Italy's captain, Cannavaro was a shining example of how a true leader should play. He was rock solid in defense & a workaholic. Do you see him laying a hand on anybody after an unfair challenge? There was no challenge in Zidane's case, & I felt that he did it because he had nothing to lose since it was clear France was not going to win the World Cup this time. An utterly sore loser. No matter what were his merits in the past, no matter how well he controls the ball with his feet, all that counts for nothing if he does not have the mental tenacity to flourish under immense pressure.

He even has the cheek to put the blame for his violent behavoir on Materazzi insulting him. Instead of the Golden Ball, I would award him a giant L-plate, those you use when you are learning how to drive.

L for loser.

For those who disagree with my comments, I know you have a right to your own opinion, but so do I. If you feel I have insulted your idol, do not read my blog from now onwards because I will speak my mind than be a hypocrite like you.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: