Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My deepest condolences 01

As I was having supper with sf & klim (I had no appetite so I just drank a can of Coke), Bervin called to inform me that a friend of ours had passed on. He apparently had a fall & was in a coma. He did not wake up & the plug was pulled. His organs will be removed for transplant tomorrow morning & the wake will follow soon after.

It got me thinking, that we are at the phase where we attend funerals of those we love & celebrate life when our peers have children. It was just a week ago when I went to Mount Alvernia to take a look @ baby Bryan, now I have to attend the wake of a friend of mine. This emotional see saw is not what I am accustomed to & I pray that the family will find the peace & closure they seek.

He never got a chance to fully live his life, or leave behind instructions. We did not have to chance to iron out our differences or say our last goodbyes. It is a sad day for all of us who knew him personally. Life is really too short to bear grudges, but it is easier said than done. So many times I had wish upon my enemies a fate worse than death itself, but when it comes, I want to turn back the clock & see where we had gone wrong.

I have a few girlfriends in the past, & sometimes I wonder how their lives have turned out. The though of never seeing them again if whoever leaves this world first scares me. The same applied to friends whom I have crossed paths with. What about our family?

Facing death is easier than losing someone we care for, or someone whom we once cared for. This is only my opinion.

I pray that everybody is healthy & will live their life to the fullest.

Amen.

0 comments: