Sunday, September 24, 2006

Macallan (12 years) & (18 years) single malt whisky

This is a brand of whisky I do not see very often in Singapore. Actually this is the first time I have seen it at a pup along East Coast Road beside Siglap Centre. Will update more about the pub if I have more pictures & the time. As some of you have noticed, Correlian is now in-between locations now & therefore I amm left high & dry when I want to have a nightcap or a place to watch the EPL matches.

One relatively late night, I met up with DK7, Osim & Maomao17 supper @ 126 when we decided to go for drinks. For the first time in my life, Maomao17 came to fetch me in his car!!! This is indeed a super rare event. Hahaha. Anyway the pub they frequent was closed unusually early for the night to we made our way down to Siglap centre. That was where I had initial contact with the place in general, the particular pub & of course Macallan, single malt whisky.

I have absolutely no idea of what whisky is, let along single malt whisky, Scotch, blah blah blah. I do not know exactly what the distillation process is, or the other ingredients that go into making the alcohol. I have never read up on the history of a type of alcohol, e.g. vokda or beer. In short, I only know how to drink & get high. :(

This is not good.

Anyway, don't want to bore you with the minute details & the finer points. I'll leave the alcohol analysis to the wine experts because that is what they are paid for.

Cheers!!!

0 comments: