Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nokia Starlight Cinema 2006

The annual outdoor film fextival is back again & it will be held at the Padang for the secong year running. The first time I went to a Starlight Cinema event was something by chance & it happened a few years back, back in the year 2001 or 2002 I assumed.

Meowie's friend had two tickets but could not make it due to some last minute changes so Friend passed the tickets to Meowie & we went instead. It was truely an experience I never had before. Going there totally unprepared for it, we sat on the grass while others brought along straw mats or large beach towels. We bought potato chips & other snacks from NTUC while the prepared came with elaborate picnic baskets stocked with cold cuts, bread & red wine. Those baskets with dedicated compartments for wine glasses, bottle opener, plates & utensiles!!!

I want one of those picnic baskets so I can bring some homemade bee hoon, chicken curry from the can, an ice box for ice cubes, a 1.5 litre of coke & a bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu to the movies. It would be heaven on earth. It could be the perfect dates (actually I have a few other scenarios that would qualify as a perfect date, & no, having sex with my date on the first date is not one of them!!!)

Despite the last minute arrangement, we went early to get good "seats" (it was free seating) & before they played the movie, Kumar (our local comedian & resident joker at the now-defunct Boom Boom Room) did an opening act & left the audience in stitches.

I totally enjoyed the evening & look forward to reliving the experience again this year. Anybody care to join me?

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: