Sunday, December 31, 2006

Born a Manchester United fan, forever a Manchester United fan

Finally got my hands on this be@rbrick that I haveen wanting to buy since I first saw it on the shop's website. Recevied a call from Chan (boss) that new stock has arrived & that I could collect it from his shop. I asked if it was still first come first serve but he told me that 01 piece has been reserved for me. So touched.

Went down to Far East one wet wet evening & quickly made my way to the shop, on the 4th level I believe. Chan was not around so the "pretty girl behind the counter" went to get the be@rbrick from inside a "secret cupboard" & called Chan to ask how much he was going to sell me.

He mentioned on the phone before that there would be a discount when I enquired about the selling price as I have forgotten how much was quoted on the website. On the way down, me & Yuri were speculating how much would be the discount.

"If they selling at 69.90sgd (assumed price, I really do not know the initial offer), den maybe he sell you 69sgd loh"

"But I used to buy a lot of be@rbricks from him a long time ago leh, maybe he remembered me & give me at 65sgd leh?"

"Hmmm... Sounds reasonable".

When I heard my "special price" I had a little wind knocked out of me. It was must lower than what I had expected. I took out my NETS card to pay & as "pretty girl behind the counter" was punching in the numbers into the cash register & NETS terminal, the phone rang again.

My "special price" has just been reduced again!!! I broke a little wind because more was knocked out of me.

What has I done to deserve such good prices!!!

Woo hoo!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one lucky boi ah u.. bought it at such a GOOD price!! unbelievable..Hope dat the next one can have special disc too. hahha.. btw, erm, the counter gal..pretty meh? hmm.. hahaha...

raymond chng kwang hwee said...

yesh, she iz slim n pretty leh... 2 mi lah... muahahahaha

Anonymous said...

slim yes..pretty no.. hahahahha...