Saturday, December 30, 2006

Timbre @ Armenian Street

Finally had some time for a night out without having to think about anything else to distract me. Met up with Mana123 & decided to join one of our common friend who was meeting his cousin (studying for her masters in kinesiology or some something like that in Australia). Why are the people that I meet very smart, or very rich or make me very painful in my buttocks?

Anyway, this is my first time going to this place. Happy hour should end by 2030hrs or thereabouts (not sure of the actual times) & you get a free pizza or something like that if you order a certain amount of alcohol. Alas, by the time everybody placed their orders after settling down, Happy Hour was over & Sad Hour is here. Hahahah.

The location is a bit out of the way as it is situated in some part of S'pore I have not been before but a little footwork should get you there in around 10 mins from City Hall MRT station. Registry of Marriages (ROM) is nearby, so is S'pore Management University (SMU). There is a small carpark outside of the building.

The range of alcohol & wines is decent but I guess the food has a slight edge over the over watering holes. We order fries which was absolutely delicious & totally unhealthy. Slurp. Another guy I met that night, ordered some sort of pasta. The price range is around the upper-middle range.

It was a good thng we were a little earlier than the crowd that came in subsequently. As I made my way to the toilet to relieve the Pore Water Pressure (PWP), there was a queue snaking ot of Timbre. This place seems popular!!!

The main attraction of going to this place would be the live band sessions through the night. Mostly contemporary pop & a little bit of retro thrown in for good measure. Not too shabby, but not good enough for me. After listening to William Scorpion in Dragonfly, he is my standard of a powerful voice. Wow!!!

The exterior mural on the side of the building. Very nicely done. Did not take many pictures that night as I was not in a photo-whore mood. Nevertheless, I would still go back if someone asked. Oh yah, they are pretty strict on the smoking zone policy. No standing at a corner away from the no-smoking-tables to puff the magic dragon. The staff will ask you to walk all the way to the other side of the building where the smoking zone is. So smokers, go very early to secure a table in the zmoking zone.

Oh yah, I had red wine that night. Not too bad, but that is all I can say because my knowledge of wines is zero.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: