Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rei, I will always love you

Since we're still on the topic of attractive women (attractive to me, not you), real or otherwise, here's another picture I got off somebody's yahoo auction. When I saw the price he's asking for this figurine, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets & my jaw hit the table & I drooled all over my kepboard. 450sgd!!! It's really nice, with great attention to details. I guess it's hand-painted, & a very accurate representation of how a woman's body should look like in a perfect world. We don't live in a perfect world, so I love you girls all the same, no matter what your body type is (I'm lying, I only like those I find attractive, heez).

Name : Rei Ayanami

Age : 14

Gender : Female

Occupation : Student (in NTU I hope!!!) & Evangelion pilot

Rei is extremely timid, shy and at times almost seems withdrawn from the world around her. She finds it incredibly hard to express her feelings towards others and as a consequence isn't the kind of person who makes friends that easily. All of Rei's personnel records have been erased, she has no parents and there is no trail leading to her past, it would seem that her existence begins at a dead end.

She was the first child to be chosen to pilot an Eva, in particular EVA-00, in accordance with the Marduk institute. Though unfortunately she was seriously injured during her first attempt to synchronise with her Eva when it mysteriously went out of control. Fortunately Commander Ikari rescued her and she survived the accident, her next attempt at synchronisation was successful and she has now become the active pilot of EVA-00. Whether or not this is by choice is unknown, Rei simply seems to do as she is told without complaining, something which Shinji is known for doing.

The truth is though, Rei is in fact not human, that is not entirely. She is a by-product of the human instrumentality project, artificially created and implanted with the soul of Yui Ikari. Rei has only one soul, however, NERV have created multiple bodies, or vessels, for Rei's soul in the event of her death. Indeed Rei is killed twice, by both Naoko Akagi and the sixteenth Angel.

Adapted from the following website

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: