Saturday, January 14, 2006

DIY popcorn chicken

This is something new I have decided to try. Instead of the usual instant noodles or mashed potatoes, I'll cook real food, like these frozen popcorn chicken I bought from Liberty supermarket, in an aluminium tray & place them in the microwave oven found in the pantry on medium-high power for abount 8 mins.

They are also available in NTUC under the brand Farmpride (I think this is one of NTUC's house brands). The latter tastes better & I believe it's cheaper than the original packet too.

To ensure even browning, be sure to turn over the pieces halfway through the cooking time. As the popcorn chicken already has some oil in them, there is no need to add more & this makes it slightly "healthier". Eat it together with bread & my supper is done. Yummy!!!

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: