Sunday, June 04, 2006

The nun

My sister was so nice to treat me to a movie. Actually in the end, Mum paid by OCBC card because she wanted 10 times more "reward points". Personally I feel that those points are utterly useless because you might need to spend the equilavent of 10000sgd before you have enough points to redeem a stewpig OCBC mug, for example. Only when you spend millions of dollars on theur credit cards will you get sometimes substantial, like maybe a pair of free movie tickets. Oh well. We can't really live without credit cars, & those stuff really are just a bonous.

Anyway It was a crowded Saturday evening as I had my dinner at Pasta Mania (Tampines Mall). Creamy chicken, with lots of chilli flakes. Just the way I like it. It turned out to be a little too spicy & due to the huge human traffic & the door linking the indoor sitting area to the outdoor sitting area won't stay close, I was perspiring.

Finally it's time for wait for entry into the cinema. Golden Village must really be cutting back costs to increase their already sky-high profit margins. Only 1 poor butch, i mean active, I mean sexually confused person was at the entrance, checking the tickets & directing patrons to their respective cinemas. Finally another girl came out from Cinema 3 to help. I asked her when can we enter because it was already 2125hrs & our show is supposed to start at 2130hrs. At almost the same time, another woman asked her if she could help her retrive her bag of "food bought from outside". The extremely rude girl mumbered under her breathe not too softly "bu yao cao wo lah". %$#@&*^^%@%#

So horrible service right? Freaking pissed off at such service given to us patrons when we watch orginal films in cinemas, pay so much for their bloody tickets & farked up popcorn & this is how they train their stuff. I really advocate piracy if this is going to be the case. If you download the movie from the various Bittorrent sites, it might take a little longer, but the cost is really next to nothing, except the electricity bill leaving the computer switched on. After that, it's movies on demand. You can eat whatever you want, drink whatever you want, in the comfort of your own home. If you need to go to the bathroom, just pause & I'm sure your friends & family will not mind taking a break too. Drinking alcohol during such a movie will not seem weird now. Smoking is possible too. No more GV staff to spoil your movie experience. There is a reason why such piracy still exists despite lawsuits being filed all the time. Why must we help movie starts buy another multi-million dollar home when we are stuggling with our own cost of living. It's not like we know the movie stars personally & it's always nice to help a friend or relative. I support piracy, because that is how the law of economics work.

Why pay for something when you can get it free? All that crap about piracy is stealing might be true, but when it comes to making my money, you better work doubly hard. Remember that anti-piracy advertisment where they keep saying you wouldn't steal a car or a cd, so don't engage in piracy because it's the same thing? Well, getting caught for stealing a cd is way easier, so I don't do it. And I don't really know how to steal a car unless the doors are unlocked & the key is in the ignition.

Ooops I deviated too far away from my original topic, the movie. Basically I give it 5 out of 10 stars. It is scary but the ending is like End of Worlds. You will scratch your head & say &%$#@(*&&!!!

Erm, if you want to know what the movie is all about, click on the picture to enlarge it. I print screen GV's website because I can't find any nice presentations of the information I wanted. Maybe those people at GV might say I'm stealing from their website. Sigh. I'm just going to say to these people, FUCK YOU BITCH!!!

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: