Thursday, June 29, 2006

England will win the World Cup?

I was reading today's edition of The New Paper when I came across this article on the back page. It claims that England will win this year's World Cup because of certain signs, or coincidences, I would say instead. They are as follows:







  • It is England 7th World Cup Finals appearance since 1966 (the year in which they won their only World Cup)
  • It takes 7 games to win the trophy, i.e. 3 nos group stage matches, round of 16 match (or some people call it the 2nd round knockout match), quarter finals match (or round of 8 match), semi finals & of course the finals.
  • The worlds "winner", "England", "captain" & "Beckham" all have 7 letters. In case you all did not notice, "Raymond" also has 7 letters but I'mnot at the World Cup. Just rotting at home & growing fat, hahaha.
  • England captain, Beckham, wears the no 7 shirt.
  • In Germany, the finals is on Sunday, the 7th day of the week, in July, the 7th month of the year. (Actually, in the 7th year of the 21st century, becos 2000 is the 1st year right? I spotted this myself!!!). So it's on the 7th day of the week, in the 7th month of the 7th year of the 7th year of this century. Quite a mouthful.
  • England topped their group with 7 points, to set up a clash with Ecuador, which has 7 letters in its name.
  • England have had 7 nos full-time managers who have failed to win the World Cup.
  • Sven-Goran Eriksson has a 7-strong backroom staff. His full first name is Svennis, which has 7 letters.
So guys, England fans or otherwise, are the signs there? Will Wngland win the World Cup for only the 2nd time after so many years? Only God knows what the future holds for the soccer nations. Although I do not have a favourite team I hope will win the World Cup, there are a few teams I hope will not win the World Cup. Italy is definitely on my list. Another team is France.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: