Sunday, August 20, 2006

Charlie's Corner @ Changi Village

It was a Friday evening & se7en & 8038 did not have any programs for the weekend so we decided to travel all the way to the other end of the island for some fish & chips. It is a small stall outside the hawker center that sells above average western food as well as a wide range of beers not commonly sold in Singapore. I can't remember the particular names of the beers as they were sorted according to the countries they originated from but trust me, they are not found in any of the supermarkets I have been to.

All of us had fish & chips which was fresh as there was no fishy smell or taste. Great for picky fish eaters like me. Service was prompt & enthusiastic but the prices there are above what you would normally pay for hawker center food but slightly lower than restaurant prices.

After dinner, it was time for the drinks!!! I had this Brazillian beer called Lokal which is the bottle in the middle. I am no expert in beer tasting so I guess you have to try it for yourself to find out if you will like it or not. Given a choice I would try something else the next time. Maybe Hoe Garden or Kilkenny (Is this how it is spelled?)

I would definitely like to come back here to this place again for dinner & drink, but do note that there is no yellow box allocated.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: