Thursday, October 12, 2006

The eternal conflict between Macs & PCs



Well, it has been over a year since I bought a PowerBook & I have not looked back since. While there has been talk about how complicated Macs are & how some things do not work on a Mac, the decision was a fruitful one. Well, to some extent, there are really some programs that are exclusive to the Windows platform, but for 99% of the time, there is a Mac equivalent. Once you have found that equivalent, you will most probably wonder how come you did not make the switch sooner.

I have both Windows XP (my desktop) & OS X (my notebook) experience so I can safely say I can experience the best of both worlds. For most of us mere mortals where we use the computer to surf the internet, watch movies, word processing, powerpoint presentations, Macs will do a better job than Windows. So far, I managed to convince one person to buy a Mac, after assuring her that it is a wise choice to make & that I will be there every step of the way of her transition. It was by chance by the way, not intentional.

Some things just look better on a Mac. Some things just are easier done on a Mac. Macs are almost always way cooler than a PC.

Enough said.

Anyone wants to give OS X a try?

0 comments: