Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lau Hock Guan Kee Bak Kut Teh @ Joo Chiat Road

I am going to spend more of my time updating backdated posts that only have pictures but no words. This entry could be considered a blast from the past, if I knew exactly what that phrase meant. Anyway, when I was just a wee lad, or young child, or when my parents still called me "boy boy" (this is such an embarrassment, hahaha), we used to frequent this bak kut teh joint somewhere near Joo Chiat.

Coming back to this place again brings back those memories & feels as if I am transported back through time, only now I am a little older & a lot bigger. Sigh. Hahaha. The lady boss does not have any recollection of us but turns out that her husband, who is in charge of the kitchen remembers us!!! Prices are on the steep side to me, considering the ambience & location of the shop. Oh, I forgot to mentiont that the fish head curry is quite decent. Look at the spread we orders. A lot of food for 5 persons. Will go back again some day, not because the food is cheap or it has the best bak kut teh, but because I treasure those little trips back into my childhood.

Originally wanted to scan the receipt & post it online, but somehow, can't seem to find the time to do it. Procrastinator wins this round.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: