Saturday, October 21, 2006

Lego (City series / Model number 7900)

This is the first time I have been to the Lego official website because when I was still playing with Lego, the internet was not as commonplace as it is today. We now have free internet access in specific areas with high human traffic & all you need now is your own laptop or a PDA or a mobile phone with webpage viewing capabilities.

I have not bought any Lego sets myself because I was just a kid with little or no pocket money. Now that I have some savings of my own, I decided to revive the child in me (not that it was dormant most of the time) & bought one of the newer models, the City Series.

How times have changed. Now the plastic bags that hold the Lego blocks are numbered & in sequence. So you start with the stuff that is in Bag One & move onto Baf Two 7 so on & so forth. Amazing!!! If only everything that requires assembly is so sequential & logical in this world. Just 4 big bags for the very long vehicle. Heez.

Meet the driver of the trailer. I have not given him a name yet but he is very conscious about safety & safe driving habits. Would you like to hire him? He carries a nice red fire extinguisher everywhere he goes, as shown in the picture.

Unnamed trailer driver in the cab. That is what it is supposed to be called right? Look how confident he is behind the wheel.

The finished product. Yuri & I finished it in one night & the cost of the Lego set is around 30sgd. So I assume that the difficulty of assembly & number of parts is directly proportional to the selling price. My next purchase would be a Ferrari F430 Spider.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: