Saturday, October 21, 2006

Newest cybercafe in Tampines

There is a new kid on the block (or rather under my block of flats) in the already-declining cybercafe market. There used to be cybercafes in many areas which offer internet access & LAN gaming terminals but the trend has since died down. I remember the one & only time I set foot into a cybercafe. It was in the Katong area (can't remember which shopping centre but it was pretty old & run-down) & we only had to pay around 10- 20sgd for overnight, unlimited Lan gaming. The only computer game I really every played was Starcraft. And 10 hours of Starcraft was just over my limit.

Anyway, enough of digression. Back to the crux of post. I stay on the 3rd storey & using a wireless router. The range is pretty decent & the 24 hours coffeeshop downstairs shows live EPL matches on their television, so here I am, having a beer & watching 20 sweaty & often hunky men try to kick a ball into the opposition's net. How cheap can I get? Heez. Oh yah, this "cybercafe" serves all types of drinks such as kopi-c & teh-o & beer @ cheap prices. There are even "waiters" to bring your your drinks or food, such as bak chor mee & "zhu chao".

Was thinking of going Siglap for some drinks & soccer but nobody asked me out. Sob sob. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I want to eat some worms. So it is just me, Yuri & my Powerbook tonight. And a group of our Indian brothers having beer, not toddy, singing merrily because it is Deepavali, Festival of lights. Earlier on, a middle-aged & obviously drunk Chinese brother tried to grab their bottle & hit another middle-aged chinese brother becuase of some unknown dispute. Before he could do any damage to himself & others, he lost balance & slump to the ground. He is now sitting at the table behind me, sleeping. At least I have some decent company with me, so I am not really that alone.

Chelsea 2 - 0 up & had another goal disallowed for offside. Damn!!! More pressure on Man Utd to maintain their pole position & their next match will not be easy. The derby of the season, Man Utd vs Liverpool. This match always stirs up strong emotions amongst their respective supporters, one that enjoys a rich history. Man Utd needs all 3 points to stay on top, Liverpool needs 3 points to issue a legitimate challenge on the Title. If you asked me, a draw would be the most amicable solution to this fiercely contended match.

Still comtempleting whether I should post a R-rated picture of a woman with big knockers & a can of Heineken between her love cushions. Hmmm. How about a poll? In the meantime, I will post something suitable for the general public.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: