Friday, September 16, 2005

I will not give up. This is my way of the ninja.

Uzumaki Naruto said "I will not give up. This is my way of the ninja". In japanese of course. BUt I can't type in japanese though I know a few words in japanese, but that's not the point. I woke up today & after buying some breakfast from Canteen 11, watched Naruto Ep #151 while eating my bee hoon (which tasted horrible by the way). In this episode, Hinata showed the result of her hard work when she single-handedly saved the team as they were under attack by members of a rival clan. She worked so hard to proved to others that she too can improve & be a valuable member of any team. However, the most important reason is for her crush (Naruto) to notice her & acknowledge her. Which seems to be very important to a few people in the anime. Actually this is important to any one of us, no matter how high our self esteem is. We want the people whom we care about to notice our presence & to acknowledge us. It can be a person we like, our friends & parents, even our most bitter rivals.

So Hinta trained hard & developed her own syle & jutsu. which looked really cool because it was an absolute defense technique. She defeated a giant angry queen bee all by herself, which is a far cry from the old self, who was shy & resigned to the fate assigned to her by her own family & society in general, even though she's the next in line to lead a powerful clan. Well, sometimes being a girl does have it's setbacks because we do live in a gender biased society. (I have my own views regarding the sex eqality thingy, but I won't go there).

Going to take a shower & then go to school liao. Meeting Gabby & Xiaoyen to catch up on CL 402 (Integrated Design) project. Wah, projects really diving me crazy liao... Sigh. Ja neh!!!

0 comments: