Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Studying in Canteen Eleven

Richard's mp3 player... Actually it's his sister, & he's doing a trial for her. So he filled it with chinese songs and we were listening to it while we were studying in the canteen. I bought a 2 way audio plug by Belkin for my iPod Shuffle and it definitely came in handy tonight. 2 person can listen to the same player at the same time. Pretty cool invention I must say. It's the white thing on the left of the mp3 player. So who wants to share their mp3 player with me when we study together???

This is what canteen 11 looks like when I was studying. Deserted, a wee bit stuffy, and not really conducive for studying. But they say it's all in the mind, so these are the things my mind is telling me.

One of the posters on the notice board outside the canteen. I was taking a smoke break because the canteen uncle said they have to switch off the lights because it adds to the electricity bill & to shift to the other side of the canteen where the lights are not under their charge. He also whispered to me that when they're gone. It's probably because that were the instructions of the canteen auntie (Margrate, & I do not know the relationship between the two of them). More gossip on them when I have the time. I can turn on the lights & fans again. Oh well... When you have a weird way of charging people for electricity, you get requests like the one i had. If I had a say in the running of the canteen, I would make sure the tables are properly cleaned and that there are no houseflies flying around the place. It's kinda dirty considering how many people actually eat there. Jurong Point's (JP) Mac has millions of people eating there everyday but their tables and place in general is so much more cleaner than canteen 11. I didn't want to shift places because I had cleaned the table & I was all comfy there, but since he asked nicely, I'll just play along. Anyway, no real work done though i did complete 2 nos tutorials on Civil Engineering Construction Technology (contech). Sigh, must try to complete the remaining tutorials by tomorrow because i'm going to the Environment Lab on Wed to catch up on my FYP. Progress report due soon, but not making any real progress. Ja neh!!!

0 comments: