Sunday, September 11, 2005

In Hall Eleven on a freaking Sun night, start of recess week

Recess week is coming soon but I'm not happy at all. Not even a little bit happy, because when school reopens in 7 days time, I have Steel Design & Structures II quizzes. These are really horrible modules that we, poor suffering students, have to take so that we would have some vague idea of how to design steel structures & also how these structures will behave under certain specified loading. Sounds boring right? Imagine having to take an exam in another 6 weeks time. Sigh. As you can see, above are pictures of my Steel Design lecture notes. Learning all about beams & columns and their modes of failure and what's their bending capacities and what not. We're only considering beams with equal flanges (refer to bottom picture for definitiion of flange) so I guess it makes things a little easier for my severely limited grey cells.

0 comments: