Friday, September 30, 2005

My three new roomies

I have 3 nos new roomies for about a month liao. And they ain't human, literally. Heez. They're cats, or neko, in japanese. First is snowy, a female cat with a beautiful white coat that was once stained by some rat trap sticky stuff. She could not lick it off while she was cleaning herself, neither did she allow us to wash it off her (I think all cats hate water), so we just left her to ther own devices. In the end, she resorted to plucking out her own fur, so for a period of time, there was white fur with sticky greenish - black stuff stuck to it all over the place & in my room. Finally, it's all gone & her own fur's slowly growing back, so she looks as beautiful as before. Could be due to the expensive cat food we've been feeding her all this while. It says on the packaging that they contain all the necessary nutrients needed to maintain a nice coat of fur.
Next up is Mr Grey, or I prefer, charcoal. He's big, old & has a black coat with some white bits here & there. Maybe he was originally black, but due to old age, he grew white fur, as we humans grow white hair when we get old. He's the most tame of them all but he got into a fight with snowy recently & pinned the white cat under him before we hit the 2 of them to get them to separate.

Last but not least is ginger. The smallest cat we've been feeding so far an she has a brown coat, which is also as beautiful as the other 2 nos cats. She's the fiercest of them all, as Mr Grey (Charcoal, whichever you prefer) seems to be afraid of her, or maybe he's just trying to be a gentleman to a young lady.

Nevertheless, the cats has brought us joy & worries at times, when they don't appear for food at certain times. I've taken quite a few pictures of them but blogger don't allow me to post them. Well, we'll wait & see if things improve after the exams. I wonder how long will they be with us? It's nice to have a roomie who will take care of them when I'm not around & also loves cats as much as I do, maybe even more than me.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: