Monday, September 12, 2005

Pasta Stall in Canteen Eleven

There's a newly opened stall (actually not that recent lah) in my canteen which sells pasta and something called "Baoger" which iz a play on the words "bao" & "burger", hence it's a cross between a bun & a burger. Anyway this is the chicken pasta, aglio style (olive oil & chilli, i think). It cost 3 sgd, which to me is rather steep considering it's sold in a school / hall canteen, but the food's decent and they don't charge me extra 20cents for the disposable plastic container if i chose to take away, unlike the noodle stall. In this particular picture, the man got my order wrong & use tomato sauce instead of olive oil. Nevertheless, it was nice. Yum yum... There was once, I went to the canteen to buy my late late lunch, and I had the craving for fries. So i ordered fries from the western food stall and when I went to pay for my pasta, i realized i was 20 cents short!!! The man said, it's okie. I said I'll walk back to get the remaining 20 cents, he told me to pay him back next time I buy food from him. It's not a big amount, but yet that was a nice gesture. In the end, I took my food back to the room and brought the 20 cents back to him. Okie, enough of talking about food. It can make people like me fat just by reading my own blog because I have what i termed "negative metabloism". I get fat just by watching other people eat. Sigh. I badly need to exercise hard if I want to lose the inches, but when i look around, there's BILLIONS of people who don't exercise much and yet remain as they were. Of course they don't get slimmer or more muscular, but at least they maintain their own weight. I'm one of the unfortunate people with the inverse metabolism. Okie okie, ja neh!!!

0 comments: