Thursday, September 15, 2005

Manchester United survived a draw with Villarreal

This is my roomie, kevin. His old monitor suddenly decided to die so he had to get a new one from JP. See how happy he is to finally change to a better monitor. He's one of the rare few still using Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) monitors. They're really cheap compared to the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) monitors but they weigh a tonne. And they take up a lot of space. Oh well, they still have their strengths so it's not easy to write them off just yet.

Anyway today is the 4th day of the recess & I have not really accomplished what i set out to achieve during this break. Time is running out & I must at least have prepared for my Steel Design quiz coming up on Mon. The others already have taken their quiz so since I had more time to study than them, I must do my best & not let them down.

Last night was another night of watching Champions League soccer, just like the night before. I was rooting for Manchester United so I placed a small small wager on them to win. The odds were level so as long as they don't lose, I will not lose money. Anyway from the way Manchester was playing, I had a feeling that they were not in a hurry to win the match, but rather not to lose face by losing. They didn't have much choice considering that they're without their captain, Roy Keane. Well, a kep player must not be indispensible, or else if anything happens to him, the while team will not function as per normal. But his lack of presence was felt & Manchester looked lost & aimless.

After the 2nd half, Wayne Rooney made a rash & silly mistake by mocking the referree after he was awarded a yellow card. He immediately earned another yellow card & was sent off the field. I knew he had a bad temper & he was unfortunate to have met a referree who would not tolerate any nonsense from a young star with as much talent as Rooney. I do hope he reflectes on his actions in the locker room & think through his actions next time in such a situation. I know he's still young, & we're all been through such a foolish, carefree stage in our lives, but since he's playing professional football & is an icon for many of us, he must learn that he carries with him heavy responsibilities.

During the match, I had 2 nos beers & I was happy. Alcohol makes me happy, but beer makes me burp. Hahaha... Kinda gross right? Well, I get high pretty easily, so please don't make me drink too much. Anyway I kinda have a headache now, maybe it's due to the weird sleeping hours i've been keeping these few days, or maybe it's Asahi's fault.

Time to take a shower & start revising liao... Ja neh!!!

0 comments: