Saturday, December 31, 2005

Black or white, that is the question

Sony has released a white version of the wildly popular PSP in ceramic white. To me it's just white, because I can't tell the difference between ceramic white, milky white, etc. I do say I prefer the white version more than the classic black version. There's a tendency for the white-coloured PSP to turn yellowish (as do inferior grades of plastics, but I do not know how good the plastics they used to make the PSP are) or get smudged by inks, but for what it's worth, I want the white version. Sony does not officially sell the imported version as I think it is only available in Japan & certain countries. Oh well. I went to ask at the official Sony shops & they will not service the white PSP because it's not supposed to be sold here. So it seems that even if you have money, they will not repair or service it when you bring it in to a Sony authorised service centre. Maybe those ah beng shops might be able to do the job, but I don't feel completely at ease with them handling something as iconic as MY PSP.

I would like to say even if you have all the money in the world, they won't do it, but we all know how powerful money is. So if you're really rich, they might bend the rules for you, as in so many instances. But then again, if you're so rich & it's spoilt, just buy a new PSP. Sigh. The pains of being poor. Nevertheless, I wanna get the white version if I have the money & a strong enough desire to play PSP games.

A special stand to charge your PSP. From the review, it does not have speakers so the sound comes from the speakers of the PSP. As it sits in the charging cradle, the sound is muffled & this is a major drawback for the charging stand. If you find the blue lights too glaring in the dark, there is a switch at the back to turn it off. But the purpose of the stand is for the PSP to be seen!!! If the music & video functions can be controlled via remote control, it would be so much better because it is primarily a charging stand, nothing else.

White leather case for your to keep your PSP in. It's supposed to protect the PSP but I think you will be more concerned trying not to dirty the white leather or get cuts & scratches on it.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: