Saturday, December 31, 2005

Kwan Yin Temple @ Four Horses Road

Until I went out with Michelle on our first date, I didn't know where this famous temple was!!! Can you imagine I'm a Singaporean living here for 25 years liao? (Oops, now you all know how old I am liao) Anyway, it's really crowded when the temple is open to devotees to offer joss sticks & prayers to the Goddess of Mercy. I don't think I want to be caught in the human jam during the special occasions.

There are many push-carts selling joss sticks & lotus flowers, among other stuff, which I don't know what they are, because I didn't get a good look at what was on sale. They all basically sell the same thing at the same prices (I assume) so just buy from your favourite auntie or uncle loh.

The interior of the temple. Here, you are allowed to wear your footware into the main hall, but no shoes or slippers on the carpet where you knee to pray, or seek advice on problems bothering you. The only Kwan Yin temple I've been to all my life was the one at Joo Chiat. Things are a little different between the two even though both are Goddess of Mercy temples.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: