Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Snow-ee, stuck on a tree

I do not have any pictures to show Snow-ee on top of the tree, but it happened in the Graduate Hall carpark. Came back the night before & decided to parked the car by the side of the kerb instead of in a proper parking lot. As I was walking back to my room, I heard a faint meowing sound coming from what I thought wasthe bushes that lined the kerb. So I did meowing sounds to see where the cat was. I though it was a "new" cat & I wanted to feed it with the leftover cat food I bought for the cats (see entry aboout my new roomies). I walked up & down, but I could see any cat, so I decided to go back for a much-needed shower & a rest.

The next day, I had to go to service my Mac as the screen was flickering & I couldn't get any work done on it. Was warming up the car when I heard the faint meowing sounds again. Decided to look for the mysterious cat one more time, but I still didn't see it in the bushes. Was about to return to the cat when I looked up by chance & there was Snow-ee!!! She was perched high up on a tree, about 3m up. She had been there since last night!!!

Called Kepple Engineering but they were unwilling to lend me such a high ladder in case anything happened to me. Was referred to SCDF & so I called 995. They immediately referred me to SPCA & they said they would send someone over soonest possible. In the meantime, I went to the tv lounge where the aunties that clean my block were resting & asked them if they had a ladder. They didn't but an uncle from Kepple Engineering was also resting there at the same time & he overheard the commotion caused by Snow-ee. He hurried off & got his friend to drive a lorry to fetch a ladder.

They returned with the ladder & uncle went up to get Snow-ee while I supported the ladder. Finally Snow-ee was saved & I have 2 deep scratches, 1 nos on my forearm & the other on my palm to show for my effort. Ungrateful cat!!! Oh well, at least I knew I had done a "good deed" today.

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: