Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snow-ee

Remember the post on my three new roomies? Well, meet Snow-ee, a female, with a beautiful white coat of fur & an extremely innocent expression on her face. She's the type of cat whom you can't stay angry with for long. Her gaze makes you wanna melt into a puddle, but don't let that fool you, because underneathe, she's very mischevious and will drive you crazy. In short, a love - hate relationship. We first meet one night when I was smoking outside my room. She passed by, I whistled and she came over. I asked if she was hungry & she warmed up immediately to me by rubbing her body against mine. Talk about a girl knowing how to get what she wants!!! I didn't have cat food at the moment, so I told her, if she's still hungry tomorrow morning, I'll go get some cat food for her. In the meantime, I asked her to stay for the night & she nodded shyly. Score!!!

As promised, I got up early in the morning, went to Jurong Point to get some pet food from Liberty Supermarket. I didn't think of the pet store near 7-11 for some reason, but the price difference isn't very much, around 15 cents. Subsequently, I bought all the cat food (both the wet & dry variety) from the pet shop. She has a healthy appetite.

One rainy night, Snow-ee came to me, drenched, cold & covered in some mysterious greenish sticky stuff that was not going to come off easily. I tried showering her, but she got so scared, she shitted!!! *$%$#& That's what I get for being nice. The freaking cat was wet anyway, so what's her problem!!!

Soon she begin to clean herself & get rid of the sticky stuff but licking them or as a last resort, ripping off chunks of her fur out. Well, at least the fur grew back, after a while, just like the hair on our heads. Some time has passed since that incident, & now Snow-ee has a beautiful white coat once more. This is her, resting on my doormat outside my door. She has caused mi to get a warning letter from the hall office for feeding the cats, & people from some cat society in NTU to tell me not to feed "Moon", that's what they call her, because it does her more harm than good. I've stopped feeding her now, my roomie (the human roomie) feeds her as & when he sees her. It's a funny feeling, thinking how we have grown close & drifted apart. A strange, unfamiliar feeling, that we once knew each other so intimately, but now, we're just mere strangers, though if you look deep enough into her eyes, you can see a hint of recognition, a memory from the past.

It was all nice & warm when we were together, Snow-ee. But we must move on. We could only blame Father Time, for he let us meet too early in our lives. When we're too immature to sustain a meaningful relationship, too rash in our decisions, too hot-headed for our own good, too proud to say sorry.

Sayonara baka neko...


0 comments: