Sunday, December 18, 2005

Joo Chiat Kwan Yin Temple Annual Dinner

It's the time of the year where the temple would book a nice vegetarian restaurant & host a dinner in appreciation of the volunteers' hard work & dedication to the the day-to-day operations of the temple. This year, it will be held at Tung Lok Group's Lingzhi restaurant at Far East Square. Pretty cool place, was my first impression. No idea whether it's a shopping centre type of place or office-building-with-a-few-shops type of place, so will check it out when the change comes.

Goody bag on every chair. No idea what's inside but I think i saw 2 mandrian oranges & a small piece of paper with a number on it. It's for the lucky draw at the end of the evening & if your number is called, you will receive a prize. Check out Nemo on the paper bag.

The program for the evening. Rather plain in my opinion. But we're here for the food & the chance to meet each other outside of "work". This year, the dinner was buffet style & we can pick 2 nos type of soup base. We chose clear soup & tom yam. There were both delicious.

The elderly lady on the left is my grandma (my mummy's mummy, muahahahaha) but I have no idea who the other 2 nos people were. Doesn't matter anyway, grandma was happily chatting with them. It was also the first time she got to see who Michelle was. The reception was lukewarm, not quite what I was expecting. Well, she does have enormous shoes to fill in & it's unreasonable to expect her to do it in a day or two.

My number was called so I got a prize! Chocolates! Just what I needed to release those endorphines (is it spelled like this?).

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: