Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lunch @ Changi International Airport

I was at the airport one fine day (Changi International Airport) & decided to have lunch at the staff canteen in Terminal 2. My family used to come here quite often in the past for lunch, probably for the air-con environment, wide variety of food and the close proximity to Tampines, where I lived for the past 21 years. We came to Terminal 2 for supper too, but these outings have stopped for some unknown reason. I missed those times. Anyway, the place was being renovated & as usual, the "No Studying" signs are still there. Singapore is probably the only place in the WHOLE UNIVERSE where we have such signs. And everybody, including the "garmen" keep telling us to have lifelong learning & the whole load of crap about building a knowledge economy. I didn't know you can acquire knowledge without studying. These policies are made by people who are scholars aka people who are good at studying. DUH!!!

Oops, too much side tracking. There's a stall selling pasta. It's probably owned by a young entrepreneur because of the menu (fusion of east & west), & the concept. Make a trip down there yourself & you might be able to get what I mean. Ordered lunguine with black pepper chicken, add a dollar for a bowl of "home-made" mushroom soup. I was disappointed. The black pepper was too overwhelming for me (maybe I'm weak), & the soup wasn't to my liking. Michelle liked it though. I wonder why. Luckily the saving grace was the coconut drink which helped to drowse the flames on my tonsils. I'm gonna boycott this stall for the time being.

After lunch, had a rumble in my tummy, so I had to visit the Men's room / Gents / toilet / whatever. This is what I saw in the cubicle. It squirts some anticeptic mist onto a piece of toilet paper & you can clean the toilet seat! How neat is that?

Ja neh!!!

0 comments: